We can significantly increase your chances of conception if your infertility is due to:
- Irregular and Anovulatory Menstrual Cycles
- Luteal Phase Defect LPD
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease PID
- Premature Ovarian Failure POF
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome PCOS
- Poor Egg Quality
- Thin and Unresponsive Endometrium
- Cervical / Uterine Factors
- Immunological Factors
- Fallopian Tube Factors
- Ovulation Factors
Acupuncture can increase the chances of pregnancy through natural conception, IVF, IUI, and other ARTs. Clinical evidence shows that acupuncture can:
- Regulate and stabilize hormone levels
- Help produce more follicles
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries by lowering impedance
- Thicken the endometrial lining
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage
- Strengthen the immune system and the overall health of the body
- Reduce stress
- Absorb nutrients and maintain ideal weight
- Facilitate relaxation
- Improve the quality of sleep
Additionally, acupuncture has NO side effects and doesn’t introduce toxicity to you or your baby
Key points from recent studies:
- Acupuncture before IVF increases chances of conception by 65%
- One randomized, prospective, controlled clinical study showed that the pregnancy rates can more than double (15.6% to 33.6%) for IVF/ICSI treatment when acupuncture was given.
- Another randomized, prospective, controlled clinical study showed that miscarriage rates can decrease (15.4% to 11.8%) for IVF/ICSI treatment when acupuncture was given.
- A third randomized, prospective, controlled clinical study showed that implantation rates can almost triple (5.9% to 14.2%) for IVF/ICSI treatment when acupuncture was given.
- Using doppler ultrasonography, it was shown that acupuncture can lower arterial uterine blood flow impedance, a key to optimal endometrial receptivity.
- Clinical and experimental evidence shows that acupuncture has long-lasting benefits for women who suffer from polycystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS) and anovulation.
- Acupuncture can benefit men who have abnormal sperm.
- A randomized, prospective trial showed that a single session of acupuncture can increase the chances of pregnancy in infertile women.
Sources and Evidence:
- Use of acupuncture in female infertility and a summary of recent acupuncture studies related to embryo transfer.
- Effect of acupuncture on the outcome of in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a randomized, prospective, controlled clinical study.
- Clinical observation and study of mechanisms of needle-picking therapy for primary infertility of abnormal sperm
- Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer significantly improves the reproductive outcome in infertile women: a prospective, randomized trial.
- Acupuncture prior to and at embryo transfer in an assisted conception unit–a case series.